Monday, December 31, 2012

Grant me wings that I might fly, my restless soul is longing

Tonight, as I sit on my couch, my two boys sleeping I reflect back on this past year and it is full of bittersweet memories. Acceptance into nursing school, the loss of my grandmother, having another year with my awesome husband and son, my supportive family expanding in all directions with my sister in law and brother both getting engaged,

New years was one of GG's favorite holidays. All of us together, eating and laughing and making tons of noise at midnight and even though we got together this year, it wasn't the same. And for the first time in a few weeks when we walked into my parent's house, Lucas said "shhh mama, GG sleeping" and it really broke my heart.

Every new year is really bittersweet for my family I guess, due to the loss of my Grammie on new years day. So on 1 hand, we see the start of a fresh new year, but also remember that this is one more year without her. And although my heart breaks a little more each day they , I know they are all still with me. My Grammie, my Titi, My GG, and my Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment